- Chi Alpha Night is our weekly gathering on campus. We get together at 7:30 p.m. every Tuesday in the University Center, most often in Pioneer A. Chi Alpha Night features music, teaching, prayer, and a healthy dose of laughter. In the winter 2017 semester, we are studying the life and teachings of Jesus and applying these truths to our everyday lives.
- Core groups also meet every week at various times. We use the term “core groups” because they are central to who we are as a community and as individuals. This is where deep friendships are built and where people interested in Jesus become His disciples.
- Life in NMU Chi Alpha features both scheduled and spontaneous activities. Think hikes up Sugarloaf and Hogback, diving into Lake Superior at Blackrocks, cheering on the Wildcat football team together, sampling Marquette’s best budget-friendly restaurants, camping in the Porcupine Mountains, and anything else you’re up for.
- Fall retreat takes place every year at Spencer Lake Christian Center in central Wisconsin. We represent Michigan among several other Chi Alpha groups from Wisconsin. Check back later for 2017 dates.
- The World Missions Summit 4, January 4-6, 2017, in Houston, was an incredible experience with almost 5,000 Chi Alpha students from across the country as well as hundreds of missionaries who serve around the world. About 2,000 students committed to “give a year and pray about a lifetime” in missions. Find more info at twms4.com.
- Winter retreat is a weekend getaway exclusively for NMU Chi Alpha. In 2017, we booked Bay Cliff Health Camp in Big Bay.
- We will also look for opportunities to take part in service projects and mission trips.